Thank you for considering Scandia Custom Cabinets for your next cabinet project!
We build custom cabinetry year round with an average lead time of 3 weeks after approved plans and field measure.
- To start your project, we will need a blue print and cabinet specifications to be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at our office. We will also need basic contact information such as name, phone number, email address and job site address.
- Based on the information you provide, our drafting department will create drawings and estimated pricing that we will email to you for your review. Depending on the scope of your project, this may take between 2-4 business days to complete.
*Before your consultation, please provide us with appliance selections such as hood vents, microwaves, refrigerators, freezers, ovens, ranges, dishwashers, washer and dryer, apron/farm sinks etc.
- After you approve your estimated pricing we will set up a consultation at our show room with your account representative and go through each cabinet in your project to make any necessary changes. Once we finalize your drawings and pricing, we will schedule a field measure with one of our field technicians.
*It is preferred that we have the field measure completed after framing and before electrical and plumbing has been installed. We do this to insure proper placement of supply line, duct work, outlets, ect. Key measurements are clearly marked and reviewed with your project manager to be sure that your job continues to run smoothly when cabinetry arrives for installation. We will also suggest areas for backing for a better fit and finish during install.
- We do require that you make a down payment of 50% with cash or check to have your project slotted for production. We require the remaining balance to be paid in full at the time of delivery.
*We also prefer that you finalize knob/pull selections before production so that predrilling can be done at our shop.
*Any vent hoods or apron/farm sinks will need to be brought to our shop before production to insure proper build and fit of surrounding cabinetry.
- Your account representative will provide you with updates during the production time so that you may schedule your trimmers and painters to be ready to install and paint/stain the cabinets upon delivery.
- We will deliver the cabinets with doors, drawer fronts and hardware loose. This accomplishes a few things; painters do not have to remove doors and hardware, they can simply “rack” the doors and drawer fronts for their finishing process. It also saves time for the trim carpenters (see below).
When the paint crew is done with finishing the cabinetry, Scandia will send our field techs to install hinges, doors, drawer fronts and hardware prior to countertops being installed. All adjustments are made which saves the finish carpenters time in adjusting doors and drawer fronts. We have found that our callback is very minimal for service work with this procedure in place.
The added value for you is that you will be able to have a conversation with your painters and trim carpenters in regards to their scope of work being lessened, which will lower the cost to you.